Jurassic Bark Harrogate is run by me, dedicated pet lover, Hannah Pagan!
My childhood was pretty idyllic and growing up on a converted ex-farm in Yorkshire, we were able to own a variety of indoor and outdoor pets. As a result, I gained plenty of experience helping to raise several animals right through to adulthood.
In more recent years, at my home in Harrogate, I have had to settle for a smaller flock of animals with black labrador, Bowie, cats Indi and Daisy.
Owning my own pets has taught me more than I ever expected, and trying to navigate my own dog's behavioural issues led me to complete formal qualifications in canine behaviour and training.
In 2018, I completed my Diploma in Canine Behaviour with the International School for Canine Psychology & Behaviour, which technically qualifies me as a Canine Behaviour Practitioner. Because I'm obsessed with all things dog, I am constantly attending both classroom-based and online seminars to stay stay up to date with modern training methods and research.
In June 2020, we also welcomed a human baby to the team! So whilst my formal qualifications may have slowed down, I am still always reading when I can, and keeping up with the latest research.
Some of the seminars and courses I've attended include;
- Canine First Aid Certificate - Led by Rachel Bean RVN
- Dog Law Seminar - presented by Doglaw specialist Trevor Cooper
- ICAN Webinar in Separation Related Problems (Separation Anxiety) - Presented by Tom Candy - Training and Behaviour Advisor for Dogs Trust
- ISCP Presentation on Understanding Canine Body Language - Presented by Lisa Tenzin-Dolma, Founder & Principal of the ISCP
- Completed the ISCP Certificate in Canine Behaviour
- Completed the ISCP Intermediate Certificate in Canine Behaviour
- Completed the ISCP Diploma in Canine Behaviour to qualify as a Canine Behaviour Practitioner. (view Diploma)
- 1-Day Canine Aggression and Rehabilitation - IMDT (Institute of Modern Dog Trainers)
- Introduction to Zoopharmacognosy led by Colin Goodall & Carin Webster
- Holistic Practice with Vicky Payne BVetMed MRCVS
- The I.N.T.E.R.A.C.T.I.V.E Play Guide with Craig Ogilvie
- Help! My Dog's Scared of Fireworks - Toni Shelbourne - ISCP Webinar
- 1-Day Impulse Control - IMDT (Institute of Modern Dog Trainers)
- Lecture: Fear & What To Do - The School of Canine Science (led by Nando Brown)
- ISCP Webinar: Myths about Dogs with Mark Bekoff PhD
- Keys to successful animal training - Dr Karolina Westlund of Illis ABC Animal Behaviour Consulting
- Craig Ogilvie: Communication, arousal and problematic behaviours
- Canine (and Pet) First Aid Certificate - Led by vet, Sophie Bell at Animal Love Pet First Aid
- Perfect Puppy Foundations - IMDT (Institute of Modern Dog Trainers)
Why not pop over to our gallery to look at what your pet could get up to with us!